Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kid's Day Party!




On Sunday Clay told Brett and I that there should be a Kid's Day since there is a Mother's Day and Father's Day. Well we decided to surprise all the kids and hold a real Kid's Day party on Tuesday. I bought streamers and balloons and after school I told them that we were going to have a Kid's day party and they got to decorate. They had a blast sticking streamers and balloons everywhere. Tuck said, "I'm going to write about this in my journal!" Which of course made it all worth it. After dinner, we let them each empty a can of silly string (getting Mom with silly string is the funniest!!!). Then we had a pinata (a gift bag that we hit with a wooden spoon). And poppers with streamers. Then it was time for their Kid's Day present. They each got an umbrella and it was perfect timing because it hasn't stopped raining since ;). The kids loved it and it was sooo fun to surprise them -Kid's Day was a success!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

For. Real.
You are the coolest mom. Bost has been wanting an umbrella for a long time, I bet they just love theirs, especially since it's been ark weather lately.

Sharyti said...

Seriously you are the coolest mom!!!! I love you sis.

Ananda Henriksen said...

That is the best idea ever. I hope you don't mind if I borrow it someday when I'm a mommy too;)