Friday, April 8, 2011

Okay.. I have anxiety, and I'm okay, maybe?

It may be apparent but we love the movie "Tangled" at our house. You know the part after Rapunzel leaves the tower and then flip flops dramatically between "I'm so happy!" and "What have I done?". That pretty much describes the anxiety I feel everyday in life. I talk to someone on the phone or at the store and I think, "Wow, that went well, I have friends!" and then I go home and remember every little thing I've said until I pretty much invent something wrong that I've said and then think,"Oh no, they must think I'm so dumb!" I'll have a great day with my kids - then I think, "I'm the best Mommy ever!"; I get mad and yell- then I think, "I'm the worst Mommy ever!" Sometimes I feel so inspired and want to get out and help make the world better! and then I get out there and somehow make it all worse (aaggh, where's my hermit hole!?)? I think everybody on some level does this, especially women. I try to hold on to hope; some days are easier than others (sometimes it's foggy ;)). But Rapunzel finds optimism and it grows as she shares it with other people; so I'm going to hold onto that and say I'll keep pushing forward because I REALLY want to see those lanterns!

5 comments:

Wren Johnson said...

I feel the same!! thanks for being so positive and optimistic. :) You're an inspiration.

Amy Conklin said...

I love you Britt! Thanks for putting into words, for all of us!

Alisha said...

I believe we all do this:) You're an amazing lady and I'm lucky to know you!

Bridget said...

Ditto this. All of it.

Lauriann said...

Hugs to you my sister. :)
I'm glad to see more posts too. I've really missed you.
And I think you are amazing, talented, and I'm so grateful you're in my life.