Thursday, April 7, 2011

More Rapunzel...





Lukie's Rapunzel ponytail has lived up to the name of the movie and she has now taken to running around the house with toilet paper tucked into her shirt pretending, of course, that it is her hair. It is seriously depleting our supply! I had decided to try my hand at making yarn Rapunzel wigs to sell on etsy (if my little girl's obsession is any indication they should be a hot commodity, right? ). Well 2 yarn skeins, 1 pair of pantyhose, $7, one patient boy model (he held still better than Luka would have), and SEVERAL hours later I had a completed wig. By this time Luka had pretty much decided it was hers and since it took so much time anyway and the idea of making more is no longer appealing :), I decided she could have it. If I didn't have kids and a cat who love playing with yarn it might not have been such a bothersome project. I am pretty sure that the wig won't satisfy Luka for long because she doesn't seem happy unless the "hair" is dragging on the floor behind her. And I bet Rapunzel wishes she could hang up her hair at the end of the day like Lukie :D.

2 comments:

Amy Conklin said...

WOW! You are so creative! Did you know how to make this already or did you just create it? You are amazing! You may have to teach me - Cami will want to have one too!

Lauriann said...

I didn't catch that was Clay at first. lol
I'd have to say her toilet paper hair is the best idea. Clever girl.