Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines



This has been a very difficult week for me and for a lot of people that I love very much. My Grandfather passed away on Tuesday. I have been very blessed to have 28 years with him. It is a priveledge to be a grandchild of Lula and LaMont Henriksen and I am very aware of that this week. My Grandaparents are the most loving people I've ever met. Grandpa's love for Grandma is the kind of perfect love you can't replicate in books or Hollywood. Thier love is strong, and because of that it encircled all of us - children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, friends, neighbors, and relatives. Yesterday I realized what a wonderful love story I have the blessing to be part of. I didn't think this would be a very good Valentines Day, but today I just feel love and peace. This picture is one that my dear dear Aunt shared with me and I hope she doesn't mind me posting it. It is my Grandparents on the day they got engaged. They loved each other immensely and were determined to live the gospel and share that love with their family and that has never ever changed. I love you Grandpa and Grandma! Happy Valentines Day.

2 comments:

The Shafer Family said...

Oh Britt, that is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Love You!

Ananda Henriksen said...

Oh that picture really sums them up. aNTOINE SAID lOVE IS NOT JUST LOOKING INTO EACH OTHERS EYES BUT IN LOOKING FORWARD TOGETHER TO THE FUTURE:)
Thanks Britt!