Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An Update

I can now add removing crayon from a dryer drum to the list of skills on my resume. And, I'm happy to say, I was able to save some of the clothes with a little color safe bleach paste and a whole LOT of elbow grease. I also had a crayon round up and all bits and pieces went to the trash while the surviving whole crayons were banished to an upper shelf. I need to confess that I didn't quite tell the whole story in my last post. The moment that I discoved the crayon fiasco yesterday I was so distraught that I immediately sat down on the shoe shelf in the mud room by our dryer. It promptly split in two and collapsed under me. Let me tell you, it is a lot more funny today than it was yesterday. :)

4 comments:

Sharyti said...

Britt you are amazing. HAHA wow I hope I can be a mom like you. You must have a lot of patience because those kids sure seem to try you.

The Shafer Family said...

Arghhhhh! What a mess and you handled it so well. You really are a great mom and deserve and MBA in resourcefulness.

The Pedersens said...

I so can relate. Try blue crayon on church clothes and everything else. Needless to say you are better than I because I just threw them all away and bought new church clothes. But to top it all off I have one little boy who loves to pick up rocks and fill his pockets so now everytime I wash you hear a clank clank clank in my washer because the rocks worked their way underneath the basket and unless you tear it apart there is no way to get them out. Just you wait. But I think perhaps the best is pink marker all over my wall from the entry way clear to the back door.. Motherhood, who ever said it would be easy???? Emily

Ananda Henriksen said...

Oh I'm laughing with you:)