Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Rainforest and a Volcano








On the fourth day of our trip we drove to the east side of the island. We went to see the active volcano -Kilauea. We didn't see any lava but it was still cool to see the smoking crater and the steam vents coming out of the ground everywhere. There is tropical rainforest all around the volcano so we went to go through an old lava tube that you can walk through. It was really creepy but really cool. And Brett spotted a street sign that he said he just HAD to get my picture by.

4 comments:

Sharyti said...

WOW! That is so cool. I think I would be pretty nervous to go through the cavees but thats cuz I saw the movie Volcanos or something. oh well. Looks really cool. Is that Brett really swinging on a vine? :D haha

Lauriann said...

UMAUMA,
lol

I'm so glad you had a blast! Much deserved.
Now you'll just dream of the day you can go back. :)

Ananda Henriksen said...

You Mama:) that's brilliant! That's neat you actually walked through the tube you're braver than me.

Debany Henriksen said...

That looks like a "walking tree" that Brett is playing Tarzan on. Every mom needs a good break often. Glad you finally got one.