Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day



I'm stuck on primary songs lately I guess. Boy, another long Saturday. It turns out it takes 3 1/2 hours to stain a deck with two people helping instead of the 1-2 that we expected (after Brett spent 1 1/2 hours sanding it). It wouldn't seem so bad but our deck is tiny so it shouldn't have taken very long. Being 100 degrees didn't help (I'm a REDneck now!) We finally finished and were able to come inside and work on some projects. We are still working on the list of things we were going to finish before we moved into the house. Clay helped me make zucchini bread (which we eat like crazy every year until we are very, VERY tired of it). And Brett tried to put on some much needed child latches - with a lot of help. After our rough day yesterday, it was good to feel productive and spend time with the kids. Time for baths and bedtime! Yeah!

3 comments:

Wren Johnson said...

Wow! You were busy! mmmmm, zuchinni bread! Yeah, staining wood takes a while.

Ananda Henriksen said...

But oh how pretty it looks. I still can't believe your counter stayed that clean when you had "helpers". Your picture of Brett made me laugh for some reason it reminded me of when we used to put clips in Dad's hair:)

Debany Henriksen said...

It looks like the "child latches" were latched onto their precious Daddy. :) :) :)