Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Happenings





Just a quick post with a couple things that have happened this summer. Clay completely wore out his old bike. We decided that since he has always had hand me downs and never his own brand new bike that we would buy one for him even thought it wasn't his birthday or Christmas, etc. He even got to pick and this is the one he wanted. He also lost his first tooth which was a long time coming as he had to watch the tooth fairy visit big brother over and over again. Luka shows us that when you are really tired you just crash - no matter where you are. She slept on the rug in front of the back door for a couple hours. Am I a bad Mom for leaving her there? :) You know what they say, "Let sleeping dogs lie?" - well the same applies to small children. And the picture of Tucker is in his new favorite reading spot - the front porch. His book of choice in this picture is the first Harry Potter; which at seven years old he finished in 3 days. Tucker I LOVE that you love reading like Mom!

3 comments:

Sharyti said...

Go Tucker!!! :) Clay, I know how you feel aka saren ;). Lukas so precious. But I would have left her too. Sometimes the floors comfier than the bed. That was me when I was a kid but hey maybe I was just weird. :)

Ananda Henriksen said...

Warms my heart too. Yeah for reading!

Amy Conklin said...

I love the picture of Luka. That is priceless!