Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bear Lake


















We just returned from our annual family trip to Bear Lake and Logan. (yes, we skipped last year because of the trauma from the year before) We are always excited to be Cache Valley bound. We stay in a motel in Logan and then drive up the canyon to the Lake. The kids LOVE it. And it is our time to just be a family. Clay told us, "I want to live here!" Brett and I were definitely in agreement until he explained that he meant the motel and not necessarily Logan. :D Bear Lake was a blast as always. Any sunburn pain is soooo worth it. This trip we focused on just having fun. No stress allowed! We also went to the Cache Valley Fun Park which the kids L_O_V_E_D!!! (Although Brett said leaving was like leaving the gates of h@## and I agreed :) ) But the kids had a blast and bowling was fun even though, as Clay pointed out, we really only needed to bowl 5 frames. We wound up the trip with a visit to our favorite park, where the kids played monkey while the adults napped ... okay, I napped, Brett took this picture not 10 feet away from me and I never knew until we got home and I looked at the camera. Heading back to Lehi was awful, and I still am in the severely missing state of Cache Valley withdrawals.

4 comments:

Lauriann said...

ha ha, I love all the matching bright bowling shoes.
I'm with you on the magic of Bear Lake. There's just something about it. And we came this close to moving there.

Ananda Henriksen said...

Brittany you are an awesome photographer!! Your fam is stinkn cute and adorable. I'm all for moving to Logan. I'll move up there too then we just convince Mom and Dad, Bridget and co. :) It'll be GREAT!

The Shafer Family said...

Great pictures and it sounds like you all had a blast.

Amy Conklin said...

Looks like a ton of fun! We need to go there with you sometime! We LOVE the water! That sandcastle was SERIOUS! Who built that! It was amazing! You are a wonderful photographer!