Sunday, July 11, 2010

A few of the Fourth














I didn't get very many pictures of the Fourth of July this year which is sad since it was THREE days of celebration. We tried to see the balloons and made it on time for once- only to watch them be inflated and then deflated, too much wind. All well, I think the kids still had fun, even though the fire sound wooshing into the balloons scared Luka. And she was not prepared for the Coke balloon to our left and the colorful balloon to our right to collide right over us as the both tipped over. (I wasn't prepared either or I would have taken better pictures :) ) I didn't get any pictures at Grandma's (sad) but we had a blast as always. Then we headed down to BYU, yet again risking the chance that some of Cougardom might rub off on the kids. Brett wore his Aggie shirt just to be safe :). Really we love watching the fireworks every year from the same spot by the fountain across from the bells every year. Repetition works well for my OCD :). My favorite part is still the jets flying over. And thanks everyone for coming to our impromtu BBQ and fireworks on Monday!

4 comments:

Sharyti said...

haha I love the "going down to provo" part. :) GO AGGIES! ;) The bbq was amazing by the way. I didn't get to spend time watching fireworks with everyone like usual on sat so that was great! I love Lukas crown it definitely fits.

Bridget said...

We had so much fun at your bbq! Thanks for doing it!!!

Ananda Henriksen said...

Cougar Blue at Byu:) Thanks for the party it was P E R F E C T! You guys are so great and gorgeous!

Amy Conklin said...

Happy 4th! That is too funny that you went to see the balloons, only to watch them be deflated! Memories right!?