Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Leaves











We had a fun trip up the canyon so I could see the fall leaves and the boys could play in them. They were so cute. Tucker kept saying that the leaves were so beautiful :), and Clay brought home a whole hoodie pocket full of them. Luka loved being able to roam around and explore. Tucker and Clay piled leaves on the car and Tucker said now it was an "Autumn-mobile." (Only Tucker would come up with a pun like that) The boys picked some wild flowers for me (one of the joys of being a mother to little boys) and I took a picture of my favorite leaf that I found, even though I wished I could bring home a sack full to dump on my front porch. Fall just seems to blow new life into me. The world becomes so amazingly beautiful for a few weeks. It's like an early Christmas present from God. Somehow it always makes me want to buy an old farmhouse with views of mountains and fields of wheat. Watch my corn pop up in rows -ya know? :)

7 comments:

The Shafer Family said...

How fun! Great pictures too. I do love the fall even though summertime is my favorite. It's always fun to see the seasons change.

Sharyti said...

Good all Tim McGraw line Britt. Gotta love the country. Cant wait to see you friday. Thank you so much for being willing to do my hair and stuff.

Ananda Henriksen said...

Amen, I felt exactly the same way driving through Idaho and the mountains. Fields of gold and forests of spilled paint:) Fall is so great!!! I love that first day where there is just a bit of crispness in the air.

Wren Johnson said...

Fall is so beautiful! What a great picture of you and Brett and the kids! Tuckers hilarious! an "autumn"mobile. That's a really pretty leaf you took a pic of. The leaves are changing here to, slowly, but surely.

Lauriann said...

such a great idea, you are the best mommy for your kids.

The Batty Bunch said...

Cheers for fall. My favorite!! Looks like the kids had tons of fun.

The Batty Bunch said...

BTW tell Sharyti I am waiting for my invite to her blog. batty.liz@gmail.com
THANKS