Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In My Pretty Garden The Flowers are Naugty



Am I the only one who thought the second verse of the Primary song "In The Leafy Tree Tops" spoke of petals up to mischief? Our garden this year is really a miracle since we threw it in the ground before we had anything else including sprinklers in the yard. The soil is horrible, the weeds horrendous, but zucchini really will grow anywhere. We already have plans to expand next year and I can't wait to do it right next time. I love to grow stuff. My gardens are never very organized, I kind of like the chaos of plants growing amongst each other and still miraculously producing food for our family. The bottom picture is Tucker in our Sunflower Playhouse. It turned out well, but the boys ignore it mostly. I think Luka will like something like that when she is a little older. It takes a girl to appreciate the potential of a room walled by flowers.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

How fun! We would have spent hours in there as kids. That is such a cute idea. :) Your garden is awesome! Britt, you are just simply amazing.

Bridget said...

And, yes, I think you were the only one who thought the flowers were naughty. That's adorable.

Lauriann said...

I'm chuckling, cause yes, flowers are naughty!!! I use to sing that too.

Glad Primary songs have improved to singing about scripture power and follow the prophet instead of flowers, streams,and colors. :)

Wren Johnson said...

I think the chaos is cool too! and much, much less stressful. Cool sunflowers!