Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of Third Grade





Tucker started third grade today and I was a nervous wreck. Well I have been since Monday night at back to school night. I managed to keep it together until then. I know he tested off the charts but was putting him ahead to third grade the right thing to do? ( rhetorically speaking of course :) ). I know he'll do fine; in fact better than fine. As they lined up to go into class this morning I couldn't help but notice that he is still taller than most of his class. (I also couldn't help the tears that filled my eyes- I know, I'm pathetic). Just think, I get to do it all over again next week when Clay goes to Kindergarten. :D
p.s. Clay just came in and informed me there is nothing to do - he misses Tuck.

6 comments:

Sharyti said...

AWWW! I totally understand how Clay feels. And THANK YOU so much for the care package. It meant so much to me. I was having a really hard day and that totally made it for me. I have Tuck and Clays pics on the fridge. I miss you guys so much. Thanks for all the love! Go Aggies. :) lol. Love you

Ananda Henriksen said...

Awww, don't cha hate that they
have to leave your protective arms.
That is so sweet of Clay.
Luka will still keep you busy while
they're gone:) That's for sure.

Amy Conklin said...

He was so cute yesterday! He held the door open for all his classmates. He'll do great! It's hard to let them go...

Bridget said...

My favorite pic is the one of you flipping out. Hahaha. JK. :)
I can't wait to hear how it went! I doubt anyone will even realize Tuck is younger than his class.

Alisha said...

I have seen lots of crying mom's dropping their child off on the 1st day...don't feel bad about it:) I will probably bawl like a baby when my little guy goes to school. Hope Tucker had a great 1st day:)

Hubba's Thoughts said...

He is going to do great!!! Your kids are wonderful and you are a wonderful Mother!! Love ya!