Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Aspen Lakes Pavilion Dedication









Last Saturday we went to the dedication of the new pavilion at Aspen Lakes. A 'pavilion' is an understatement. It was incredible -reminds me of a glass church in a forest in europe. It was very neat to see Grandpa's legacy continuing to affect so many people. Grandma Lu gave a short talk and looked lovely as always. It was hard to keep it together but a few tears got away from me. It was absolutely gorgeous. It rained until the dedication was almost over, then the rain stopped near the end and they opened all of the sliding garage doors on one side during the closing hymn. It was amazing! It was just wonderful to take my boys up and see the stomping grounds of my youth and see blessings being enjoyed by so many because Grandpa lived his life directed by the Lord. I heard so many people that night saying that it was like being closer to Heaven up there. Tuck and Clay even got to ride the zip line! :)

3 comments:

Wren Johnson said...

It is so beautiful up there. And the pavilion is amazing. That's so cool that Tuck and Clay got to go on the zipline!

Ananda Henriksen said...

Britt these pictures are lovely and so fun to see from that day. It sure was special.

Lauriann said...

THank you for the pictures. I haven't scene any of the place yet and it warms my heart to see it.
Thinking of all our days up camping there makes me teary eyed too. It was special.