Tuesday, May 20, 2008

House Full of Dirt


So this is the mess that is our yard getting ready for sprinklers. The pictures do not do it justice. Boys love dirt, and they love dirt with trenches and pipe everywhere. My house has dark wood floors which means that everytime the kids (or anyone) comes into the house there are tracks everywhere so I always know where the kids have been. So I have been waging a battle with dirt for several weeks and it is a losing one. I'm about ready to give up. At least the boys love to use the dust mop. I should love having wood floors, but I kind of wish for carpet - I know the dirt would still be there, but at least I couldn't see it as much.
Recently some people were claiming my house is always clean so this picture of the shoes by the back door is to show it is not. (You are lucky I posted this and not the toilet that the boys use and NEVER flush.) :) And lastly, our playset that Brett put together with a big sandbox under the slide and wood chips under the swing. The boys love it, unfortunately so do all the neighborhood kids (can't wait for school to be out!- ha ha :) )

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Boston is on my lap right now saying slide! Slide! Weeeeeeeeeee!

Unknown said...

Yay, for your new place!!! Time will bring it all together, I had this lovely dirt floor problem for a year! Hope yours doesn't take that long :o congrats on the new place!

Mo said...

I love your house and I've only seen the outside, I want to come see inside please. By the way, shoes by the door does not count as a dirty house.