Wednesday, January 20, 2010

5 Years Ago in 2005 . . .







The other day I got to thinking about my January 2005. At the time I felt like my life was over. My poor little baby was on oxygen, my husband was working full time and going to night school in Salt Lake. I felt VERY alone. But then I got to experience the joy I felt when I found out we could finally take Clay off of the oxygen and monitors. No more sleeping on the living room floor. I could actually take my two month old baby into another room without dragging cords and a monitor behind me! Looking back it hardly seems like I really lived that - it's so weird. Five years can be a LONG time! My little guys were so cute! Turns out I was blonde that year. :) And my little fragile baby grew up to be my cute, crazy, and HEALTHY Clay. I need to remember that sometimes. Life can be really hard, but you survive and learn and grow. I guess God knows what he is doing. :)

2 comments:

The Pedersens said...

Isn't it funny how life just goes by so fast and then all of the sudden you wake up one day and wonder where you little babies have gone. I think everyday just gets better and better but we don't take the time to stop and realize how much we have been blessed. We are always to busy looking for the next thing what ever that may be. Sounds like you are all doing well. The house offer sounds exciting you never know what will happen and it always just seems to work out.
Can't wait to see you all again.
Emily

Wren Johnson said...

Clay and Tuck are so little! Cute! Thanks for sharing sis. :)